It’s been two weeks since landing in California and I’m happy to say that we’re all settled. Or at least we are for now…
We’ve been busy getting caught up on all the random crap that comes with moving. We’ve also started looking for houses. Something we can buy, live in and LOVE during our time here. I think we’ve narrowed down our locations to Napa, Benicia and Davis. They are all such cute towns and would be so much fun for us to live in. More to come on that later though.
A few things I’ve discovered and LIKE about California over the last few weeks?
- They recycle here. I love that. And, it’s nice to not have to pay a TON of money to do it!
- The weather is awesome everyday (at least so far!)
- The farmers market in Napa is just incredible. They also have an adorable year-round market called the Oxbow Public Market. Check out the link and if you come to town, I’ll take you there.
- There are Nugget Markets here. They are cute little grocery stores, similar to Whole Foods. I love shopping there. Everything is SO fresh and the wine selection is AMAZING!
- People use their blinkers while driving.
- There are little trails and bike lanes everywhere for running and biking. We’re actually about to purchase some road bikes too–I can’t wait.
- There are towns, wine bars, restaurants, shops, Starbucks and Red Robins everywhere! I LOVE THAT.