We’ve now had two comfortable days of weather — in. a. row. That tells me, it’s officially fall here in Mississippi. The leaves are changing colors and of course, we have football now to watch.
You have no idea how excited I am that we’re done (I sincerely hope) with the 90 degree plus weather around here.
The pears are finally falling off the trees and our house is now below 80 degrees (this is a longer story, but the air conditioning isn’t quite up to par in our little home. It’s actually quite hot and not regulated, ever).
I’m excited for fall. It means a few great things are happening:
- T-shirt and jean weather – yesssss.
- Leaves all over the place.
- Apple cider.
- It’s almost Thanksgiving.
- Cowboy boots can go back on the feet.
- Scented candles (fall scents only).
- It’s dark out at night.
- College swim season begins.
- Red wines are back “in” (though, they are never really out).
- Rain boots (I like these).
- Fires in the fireplace (we have three that are inactive, but I’m going to find a way to make use of them).
- Lots of reading time (under a warm blanket, on the couch, with football on in the background).
- Being able to spend some QT with family (I guess you can do this all year, but we have extended periods allowing for travel for those of us that don’t reside near the fam).
What’s your favorite thing about fall?
PS – the image is NOT of Mississippi…