A few months ago, I posted this massively long list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. And now that we are nearly a quarter of the way through 2013 (WHAT?!), I thought it might make sense to check in and see how I’m doing with it all.
I’ve found that in order to get anything done, I need to hold myself accountable for things. This goes for life and in work. If I don’t track what I’m doing — I’m lost. And on top of that, nothing gets done. I’ve pulled up my list from a few moths ago and have tracked how I’m doing so far…. Here goes:
- Complete two Olympic distance Triathlons. I’ve signed up for one — June 30.
- Learn to sew (yes, I know this is quite lofty for me). Read an intro to sewing book and learned how to thread the machine. YES! I even made a nice little sunglass case for myself (which is actually cute, but not sewn straight at all).
- Get faster on my bike. Have not touched the bike since August – woops.
- Work on my core. Have started yoga again — which is totally helping with this.
- Do push ups (be able to do 30 without stopping). Need to get back on this horse…
- Do yoga regularly (once a week, at least). I have started yoga again and it’s amazing. I’m holding steady at every other week but joined a gym today so this should get easier from here on out!
- Start swimming again. I did a few great swims earlier this month and joined a gym today to try to keep it up! We’ll see — the Alcatraz swim is only two months away! EEK!
- Organize my random recipes. Not done at all. Just keep looking at them…
- Improve my Spanish. Yet another one I haven’t touched.
- Drink less coffee — one SMALLER cup per day (my usual cup is roughly 16 – 20 oz. Eek!). I have to admit that I am almost exclusively on DECAF now and I have noticed a big difference in the way I feel. Definitely excelling in this one!
- Organize my pictures on my computer. Will try to tackle this in Q2.
- Learn how to take better pictures. On my way… signed up for another photography class in the month of April. So excited to get started. I’ve also started taking pictures of our house projects, which has been… interesting.
- Read more and try to balance out one random girl fiction with something more “substantive” or educational. :) I’ve started to read Stumbling on Happiness, which is actually pretty interesting. It’s a slower read than my fiction but will hopefully be worth it!
- Read my Daily Om each morning (if you don’t have this book, I highly recommend it). I’ve combined this with daily quotes and sayings. Which has been fun. There are some great apps on the iPhone for this as well.
- Take vitamins. Sort of…
- Journal again (at least three times per week). Yes, I’ve been doing this almost daily and it’s amazing. Such a release and great tool for my life.
- Give back to Purdue athletics – Boiler up! Nick and I are now proud members of the John Purdue Club! YES!
- Blog regularly (at least once per week) Sadly, this one is definitely lacking in commitment. I’m working on it but really need to do a better job here. I’m thinking I’ll focus here for the next few months to see if I can’t get into a better ‘pattern’ of things.
I’m actually surprised by this and am SO glad I checked in on this. I guess it’s been in the back of my mind, but I really wasn’t sure I was progressing at all. In a weird way, I think this may have even motivated me today.
Did you make any resolutions or goals this year? How are you tracking on yours?